What is Restumping?
Restumping Melbourne? There are stumps in every house which lays the foundation of the building. Your entire house stands on it and hence they are the most important aspect of every home. But with time, it is normal for these stumps to become less efficient and old. Restumping is the process of replacing or resetting these stumps in order to give the strength of your home. There are many factors which can lead to deteriorating condition of your stumps.
It can be either settling of stumps due to soil movement or rotting of wooden stumps due to the high moisture content in the soil. Restumping the house is a very big deal and hence requires careful consideration. For those who use timber, although it is an inexpensive alternative, it can get damaged quite easily due to the action of moisture or insects. Hence, concrete is the best option when it comes to stumping your house. If you require any help in Restumping in Melbourne, you can avail the services of Underpinning Melbourne Group.
Benefits of using concrete stumps-
Concrete is a material which doesn’t require much maintenance. Moreover, it is also resistant to extreme temperature changes. The best part is, it is available in all shapes and colors. Here are some of the other benefits-
- Concrete stumps are more effective in spreading the weight of the floor evenly due to being more stable.
- Insects cannot harm them as in case of timber stumps.
- It is also pests and termites resistant.
- Concrete stumps stay the same in every weather condition.
- While high temperatures can lead to drying out of wood, such is not the case with concrete stumps. Humidity, rain and snowfall too can affect timber. Fortunately concrete is safer.
- These are non-combustible and fire resistant as well.
Concrete stumps are best as compared to timber or wood alternatives. They are easy to maintain and have a long life. Go for concrete restumping Melbourne to improve the strength of your house.
Why is restumping important?
With the passage of time, it is quite natural for your concrete or wood stumps to get grounded and incur wear and tear. This is even more evident in case of houses which are near sea costs with salt air. This can make your home sink or even break. What’s most unfortunate is no one really cares about it until some major disaster happens. Cost factor is one of the things which make homeowners neglect the issue altogether. We offer the value for money restumping Melbourne services at a very affordable price. Moreover, we have the right know-how and tools to do the task efficiently.
Restumping is very important to maintain your house in good shape and ensure its structural integrity. House stump repairs are the processes of replacing old stumps with new effective ones. Since wood and timber have can be damaged quite easily, restumping services helps in restoring the base of your house to a strong one.Underpinning Melbourne Group is your one-stop solution to give your stumps a new like finish. Our experts thoroughly inspect your home after which they select the stump which will suit your home. They will analyze the soil type before arriving at any conclusion. We give you the final quotation and only when you agree to it do we move forward. Moreover, we believe in providing the best services with stumps which can last for a lifetime.
Restumping Melbourne Cost
Restumping Melbourne cost varies from place to place and building to building. It also depends largely on the intensity of the damage. It also depends upon the quality of work. One must never compromise upon the quality just for the sake of a few dollars. Call on our toll-free number 0413 060 254 or contact us online to get the estimate of your house restumping Melbourne.
Causes which lead to foundation repairs, Melbourne-
Spotting foundation damage is quite difficult, firstly due to it being a slow process and secondly because the stumps are not easily visible. However, availing help of professional restumping Melbourne services becomes necessary in case of damage. Knowing the root causes is also important along with what to expect in such a situation. The problem can be due to the changes in water level which can be a result of subsurface water movement or plumbing leaks. Cracks may also appear due to drying up of soil as a result of temperature changes, hot wind or evaporation. In case of uneven moisture, the damage can be even greater. Fixing the foundation will not only help strengthen your house but also increase its resale value. Foundation repairs Melbourne is also necessary in the following cases-
- Plumbing leaks- excess water can dampen the soil beneath and can weaken your foundation.
- Tree roots- it can lead to a disbalance in the soil beneath your home.
- Problematic construction- use of poor quality products such as inferior steel or concrete can also make your foundation weak quickly.
- Extreme weather conditions- there can be expansion and contraction of soil in case of extreme weather conditions.
The services we offer-
At Underpinning Melbourne Group we offer the following services-
Determining the type of stumps-
Be it wooden, concrete or timber, every type of stump has its pros and cons. But concrete stamps, however, overpower all other types in terms of advantages. It is not only cost effective but is also moisture resistant. While timber and wood stumps have a relatively short life, such is not the case with concrete stamps which can go on for years and years. Or experts will first determine the type of soil after which they will suggest the best stump suiting your requirements.
Providing the best quote for restumping, Melbourne services-
As soon as the investigation is over and we inform you about the type of stump, a contract is drawn further in which the following details are finalized-
- How many stumps are required and what is the spacing which needs to be kept.
- The leveling of the floor.
- The removal of floorboards if any and reinstallation of new ones.
- Keeping up with the building regulations.
- Getting the council building permit if required.
- The deadline of the project and estimated completion time.
Monitoring the work-
We are one of the best companies for restumping, Melbourne. We believe in quality work and make sure that our clients receive satisfactory work. Hence, we constantly monitor our work. Here are some of the things we take care of-
- Efficient re-leveling of the floors. We do so by checking the dumpy level instead of the spirit level.
- We also ensure that the stumps are well in place and are securely fixed.
When do you need restumping Melbourne?
- If your floors are uneven or slanting
- If you find visible cracks in your floors
- When your cornices or plaster walls are cracking
- If you have a lot of moisture in your foundation
- If you are thinking of renovating your house
Why choose us?
- Our experts have in-depth knowledge and even know how to restump a very low house.
- We provide or services at a very reasonable price.
- We are available 24*7 to assist you anytime.
- Quality services is or main aim and hence we ensure 100% satisfaction for our clients.
Give us a call now to make your foundations stronger and make them new-like forever. Our executive will come to your place to thoroughly inspect your foundation. We guarantee you quality work within time.
Location: Melbourne, VIC Australia